You Lazy Bum
Oh, that would make more sense if I was saying it to a mirror.
Yeah, look at me, it's after noon and I'm still at home on the couch. Not only that, but I'm writing a blog post to boot. What about? Well, a lot like yesterday, I haven't figured that out yet.
See, later I have this thing in my sign language class. And typically, class starts at 12 but this week we have individual appointments with the instructor to prove to her whether or not we're learning anything. I won't divulge just yet where I stand on that. But suffice to say that I don't have to be at school today until 1:30. So that gives me a good hour and a half to be a bum. A lazy bum.
Then there's Florida Focus right after that. And today we put our first show on the air. I might've mentioned the fact that I recently overhauled the show's graphics package and you can even watch the new open in the Videos section of my MySpace page. So it's ironic or perhaps exceedingly appropriate that I'm running graphics on today's show.
Meg is directing. So that's cool. She'll do well. In fact, she'll be awesome. So tune your sets to WUSF-TV between 5:20 and 5:30 this evening to see our first show. Technically, the first show of the semester was yesterday, but the class is divided up into Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday. I'm in the latter group and we'll produce Friday's show as well.
Anyway, if you can't watch it because you don't live in the 12th DMA, then I'll probably post it online at some point and you can watch it then. If you want. Also, it'll be up on the USF Netcast in a week or two. So, way to stay on top of the news, everybody.
All right then. So it's Tuesday and you just know there was no way I was going to be able to click that Post button until I slipped in a mention of last night's Studio 60 (along with a silent admonition for those who failed to watch it).
So yes, it was great. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was better than the first episode, but like the pilot, it far beyond my expectations. Danny's candor about the real reason behind he and Matt taking the job was reminiscent of Dan Rydell's on Sports Night all those years ago.
Jordan's inability to remember the names of insignificant lackeys (and interns) was pretty funny and made her feel a little more human and a little less indestructible, always right, super woman network president. A mouthful that was, yes, thank you.
For the first half of the episode, Matt freaked out about the opening of the show. He knew it had to be big to begin with but Jordan sort of raised the stakes a little during the press conference introducing the new executive producers. But it paid off in the end with an undoubtedly Sorkin-like nod to Gilbert & Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance.
"We'll be the very model of a modern network TV show," the cast sang to start the first show, beginning a new chapter for the show within a show.
My favorite part of the episode came right toward the end when Cal called Danny to inform him a small fire has resulted in them only having access to one camera for a little while. Except there wasn't. "It's a comedy show."
This is Chris and I approved this message.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home