The Cult
Thanks in no small measure to my readers and "Internet friends" I've figured this whole thing out.
That's right, friends. I have the answers. At last.
MySpace.com... is a cult.
There's this leader dude called Tom who has gathered millions and millions of minions and designated them his "friends." Their lot in life is evidently to rank their friends in order of... I don't know, really. Maybe importance. Whatever it is, it's not cool.
I had a discussion earlier today (in the real world, not the Internet world) with people who are members and strong believers in the cult and naturally they are trying to sway me into becoming a full blown member.
I, however, am not yet ready to sell my soul.
Over-dramatic? Maybe. Or maybe I'm just in a chatty state of mind.
I still don't understand MySpace or why you are meant to rank your friends in the Top 4 or Top 8 or whatever. I'm not even sure how to do it. But wouldn't it cause friction among people who supposedly like each other? Doesn't it?
How would you feel if someone you felt was a Top 4 friend felt you were worthy of being merely a Top 24 friend?
Anyway, I'm not complaining. (It may sound that way, though.) I'm just concerned that the world is becoming more and more petty. And that's unfortunate.
That's all I've got for right now. I need to get back into this whole blogging thing. I used to be so good at it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home